We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the WHMCS Version 7.0 Release Candidate. This means General Release is just around the corner!
If you're a developer, user of custom add-ons or are simply interested in trying out the latest in new functionality, now's your chance to get involved.
As always, please remember pre-production releases are not intended for production use and should only be used for testing.
What's New in WHMCS 7.0? WHMCS Auto Updater
- In WHMCS 7.0, updates are just a click away. A new update notification will let you know whenever an update is available, wherever you are in the admin area, and when clicked will take you to the all new Automatic Update interface that lets you update WHMCS without ever leaving the WHMCS admin interface. Spotlight TLDs
- Highlight your best selling TLDs and extensions. Proven to increase sales and conversions, now you can select up to 8 of your top selling extensions for display at the top of a new domain lookup experience for customers. Sale groups also allow you to highlight extensions that are New, Hot and on Sale, giving them increased visibility and prominence. Simple Product Configuration
- The new, simpler way to configure products. Supporting cPanel, DirectAdmin and Plesk, and open to module developers to begin implementing today, simple product configuration allows module developers to provide a simpler and more streamlined user experience for users configuring module parameters by offering a simple mode with support for dynamic fetching of values from a remote service. Now configuring a package is as simple as choosing the desired package name from a dropdown of choices. Quick Start Setup Wizard
- For new users, there's a brand new wizard based experience the first time they login that makes getting up and running with WHMCS simpler, more intuitive, and quicker than ever before. Be ready to begin selling and making money in minutes with WHMCS 7.0. PHP 7.0 Compatibility
- With PHP 5.6 and 7.0 compatibility, WHMCS 7.0 can be run on the latest versions of PHP to deliver maximum performance. As announced previously, WHMCS 7.0 will require PHP 5.6 as a minimum and we are working closely with some of our leading hosting partners to ensure that their systems are ready for WHMCS 7.0. In addition, we have been working closely with Ioncube during the testing and development of their PHP 7 beta loaders and earlier today
they published an update to the loaders that we have been advised should resolve all known issues.
Already Running the Beta?
If you've already been running the beta you can easily update to the release candidate with just the click of a button.
Simply go to Utilities > Update WHMCS and hit the Check for Updates
button to automatically update to the latest version.
Haven't tried Version 7.0 yet?
If you haven't tried Version 7 yet, you can obtain the download, access the discussion forums as well as report issues via the dedicated preview release microsite at preview.whmcs.com
Not only will you be able to try out the very latest release, but you'll also be in with a chance to win an Amazon Echo
If you run into any problems or questions, please get in touch with our support team
who will be more than happy to help.
Thanks for reading and happy testing!
Liked this article? Share it