We are pleased to announce the release of WHMCS 7.9 to General Availability.
This marks the end of pre-production testing and promotes WHMCS 7.9 to the recommended version for all new installations and upgrades.
WHMCS 7.9 introduces support for Usage Billing
, a New & Improved PayPal Integration
, Stripe ACH and SEPA Support
, support for reselling SiteLock VPN
What's New in WHMCS 7.9?
- Usage Billing - Bill your customers for what they've used, supporting cPanel and DirectAdmin at launch, and fully accessible to 3rd party developers
- PayPal Checkout - A new and improved PayPal Checkout experience
- cPanel Per Account Billing - Offer reseller hosting accounts with account based pricing
- Stripe ACH & SEPA Integration - Accept bank direct debit payments in both the US and Eurozone
- GoCardless ACH - Expanded integration that now supports US ACH payments
- SiteLock VPN - Offer your customers a high speed, secure, and easy to use VPN service
- Domain Renewal Maximum Term Enforcement - Automatically restrict renewals based on the expiry date of a domain name
- Conditionally Required Additional Domain Fields - More sophisticated input validation to increase successful order rates
- Admin Service Quick Look - A new tool that gives you faster access to additional contextual info
- And more...
For a full list of new features and more information, visit: What's New in WHMCS 7.9
Important Notice regarding the new PayPal Checkout integration
At this time, it is not possible to create subscriptions with the new PayPal Checkout module. We expect this to be resolved in the very near future once PayPal makes further refinements to their onboarding automation. We will deliver a maintenance update as soon as these changes are available. In the meantime we recommend continuing to use the existing PayPal integration in cases where the majority of your business is subscription/recurring in nature.
Update for the cPanel Licensing Automation Module
An update has been released for the cPanel Licensing Automation
module. This is a required update for compatibility with WHMCS 7.9. The latest version of the module can be downloaded from the WHMCS Marketplace
. To learn more about this addon, please see the release announcement
Getting the UpdateAutomatic Update
You can update to the latest version of WHMCS using the Automatic Updater. Simply navigate to Utilities > Update WHMCS
to begin the update process.
As always, a download is also being made available for those who wish to install or upgrade manually. You can download WHMCS 7.9 from our downloads page
Thank you for continuing to support and use WHMCS and we hope you enjoy the latest version!
Liked this article? Share it