WHMCS for Windows is here, allowing you to manage your business from Windows powered mobile devices.
With WHMCS for Windows, you can process orders and respond to tickets, as well as keep a pulse on daily income and other activity.
Download it now from the Windows Store
WHMCS for Windows gives you complete control making it easy to view and navigate through your clients, support,
to find exactly what you need. Let's take a deeper look into exactly what WHMCS for Windows has to offer.
Manage Tickets, Orders & More...
- Review, manage and process orders
- Browse, create and respond to support tickets
- Manage products/services, including performing actions such as Create, Suspend & Terminate
- View and modify clients profiles plus create new ones
- Create, manage and apply payments to invoices
- View, edit and publish new announcements
- Send emails to customers
- And more...
Other functionality includes the ability to see whose online (staff), perform domain availability and whois lookups, to-do items and recent activity via the activity log.
Where can I find WHMCS for Windows?
Download the app from the Windows Store
use the Username: Admin, Password: demo, and Access Key: whmcsdemo for a fully functioning demo. If you enjoy it, it's yours for just $2.99/month or pay yearly and get 2 months free. Purchasing WHMCS for Windows license unlocks use of the app for all admin users of your WHMCS installation - so one fee and all your employees can access the power of WHMCS. For more information please view our documentation page
Don't use Windows?
Try aWHMCS for Android, available from the Google Play Store
, or if you're an iOS user, iWHMCS from the Apple App Store
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our support team
Posted by WHMCS Robert on Thursday, November 12th, 2015
We are pleased to announce the release of iWHMCS 2.1 for iPhone and iPad, now available for immediate download on the Apple App Store.
iWHMCS 2.1 allows you to manage your business right from your iOS devices.
So, what's changed?
iWHMCS 2.1 introduces support for responding to tickets using predefined replies, making managing and responding to tickets from your iOS device easier than ever before. Never miss an opportunity to answer a ticket, simply click on the predefines in app and respond to common questions and enquiries without having to type a thing.
Another new addition is the full integration of ticket notes, this will allow you to stay in the loop by adding, or viewing comments or notes from other members of your team on any ticket, all while on the go!
Some other notable improvements in iWHMCS 2.1 are:
- Faster access to manage your clients' products and information from support tickets.
- Improved workflow for creating new tickets.
- Stay organized with the ability to display, add, and delete ticket notes.
- Respond quicker to tickets by skipping the message preview step.
iWHMCS 2.1 also includes a number of bug fixes and stability improvements. For a full list of changes, please visit the changelog
Not using iWHMCS?
Try it today! Simply download from the App Store
for a fully functional demo. If you enjoy it, it's yours for just $2.99/month or pay yearly and get 2 months free. Purchasing an iWHMCS license unlocks use of the app for all admin users of your WHMCS installation - so one fee and all your employees can access the power of WHMCS.
Already have iWHMCS?
Existing license holders can find this update available for no additional cost, simply visit the App Store
and download it today.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our support team
Don't use iOS?
Visit the Google Play Store
to download aWHMCS Version 2.6.1 for Android.
Windows user? We'll be launching WHMCS for Windows very shortly, make sure to keep an eye on the blog!
Posted by WHMCS Sean on Tuesday, November 10th, 2015
We are pleased to announce the release of aWHMCS 2.6.1, now available for immediate download on Google Play
. The updated app comes with the same ease of use and functionality that you are accustomed to, along with new functionality, bug fixes and performance improvements.
aWHMCS 2.6.1 introduces support for responding to tickets via predefined replies making it easier than ever to manage and respond to tickets while on-the-go. Now you can avoid typing the same answers again and again saving you time and effort.
Keeping the focus on Support productivity enhancements, this update also features:
- Improved workflow for creating new tickets
- Ticket notes that are now fully integrated ensuring you're kept informed of other staff posts and comments
- Faster access to manage your clients' products and information with the swipe of a finger
- Respond more quickly with the ability to skip the message preview step
As always, feel free to browse the changelog
for a full list of changes.
Not using aWHMCS?
You can download aWHMCS free of charge via the Google Play
store and give it a try with our online demo.
To get aWHMCS for your installation, it's just $2.99/month or $29.99/year with 2 months free. As a reminder, once you activate it for your installation it is accessible to your entire staff - no individual user fees!
Already have aWHMCS?
For existing license holders this update is available at no additional cost. Simply visit the Google Play
store to get it today.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our support team
Not seeing the update? We've released aWHMCS 2.6.1 worldwide through the Google Play Store, please be patient and check back soon as it may take a moment to be available in your area.
Posted by WHMCS Robert on Thursday, October 29th, 2015
We are pleased to announce the release of WHMCS 6.0.3.
If you are already on the 6.1 series of WHMCS, this update does not apply. This maintenance release is provided as part of our Long Term Support policy for the 6.0 series of WHMCS.
This release contains updates for the 6.0 series of WHMCS, providing backports of general maintenance issues already resolved and delivered in the v6.1.0 and v6.1.1 releases.
While we may provide maintenance releases for versions in LTS, we always recommend that you track the latest active release of WHMCS, which is currently v6.1.1. Staying up to date with our active releases will ensure that you have the latest improvements and newest functionality WHMCS has to offer.
Both a full release and incremental patch set upgrade are being made available as with all maintenance releases.
Posted by Matt on Tuesday, October 20th, 2015
We are posting this today because we wanted to take a moment to clarify how our releases work and the different types of releases we make.
At WHMCS we use semantic versioning and perform three types of releases; major, minor, and maintenance releases:
- Major releases include core changes to the codebase and major new functionality which at times may break backwards compatibility.
- Minor releases introduce new behaviors and features, and can include schema changes and upstream dependency updates as well as introduce deprecation of functionality for future removal.
- Maintenance releases focus on bug fixes (i.e. places where the observed behavior does not match the intended behavior of the product). These comprise the majority of our releases and can be expected roughly every six to eight weeks, sometimes sooner after major upgrades.
These releases are done with you, the customer in mind. We strive to keep our product cutting edge by providing regular updates and we are working hard to release updates on a more frequent basis than in recent years. As such, you can expect to see 3 non-maintenance version releases every 12 months (most of the time they'll be what we call minor versions, with major versions periodically).
If you are interested in learning more about semantic versioning and how it works, check out this article: http://www.sitepoint.com/semantic-versioning-why-you-should-using/
or view our Appendix 1 below.
Our releases are offered up in two different types of distribution package
. Full Releases and Incremental Patch Sets. Let's take a closer look at the differences and why sometimes an incremental patch set isn't made available.
- A full release distribution contains all the files of a WHMCS product installation. It can be used to perform a new install or update an existing installation (regardless of previous version). Customizations you have made, providing they are done in the recommended way such as creating a custom template directory, or using language file overrides, will not be overwritten by uploading a full release.
- An incremental release contains only the files that have changed between the immediate, previous version and the latest version, (ie. a patch set for version 1.1.2 is valid for a 1.1.1 installation and nothing else). We provide these to make updating quicker for those who stay current by containing less files to upload.
- They're great for maintenance releases because they focus on bug fixes (no major changes or database updates)
- There is less to upload (so it's quicker for you!).
- No installer/upgrade process.
And that's why for maintenance updates, incremental releases are made available, but for larger major or minor version upgrades, why they are not suitable and only a full release is provided. However, apart from having a little more to upload, it's no more difficult and exactly the same changes.
Here are a few of our most frequently asked questions:
Without an incremental update will I have to remove files from the old installation?
No, you don't need to remove any files. The install/upgrade process will take care of removing any files that are no longer required.
I've highly customized my WHMCS will I lose it in the upgrade?
Absolutely not. Providing you have done your customizations in the correct way, by creating a custom template directory for template customizations, using language overrides for language customizations, and using hooks/modules, then upgrading using the Full Release distribution will not affect those.
What happens to my custom modules and hooks when I upgrade?
In minor and maintenance releases, we go to great efforts to ensure that the changes we make are backwards compatible. Indeed we do in major releases too, but sometimes it is unavoidable. However, for the most part, custom modules, addons and hooks will not require any changes for compatibility between versions.
How do I upgrade if I'm running an older version?
Simply download the latest Full Release version (which today is 6.1.1) and follow the steps for performing an upgrade using the Full Release at http://docs.whmcs.com/Upgrading
And don't worry. All your data, settings and customizations will remain in place. We typically always recommend upgrading using the Full Release download package whenever possible as it helps to ensure all your files are fully current and up-to-date.
Does upgrading affect my customizations to my template?
The template(s) that will need updating are listed in our release notes which can be found at: http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_6.1...te_Changes
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us
Here is an example of how the numbers work:
- 6.0.0 - New Major Version (Major Update with Backwards Incompatible Changes and Database Changes)
- 6.0.1 - Maintenance Release (Incremental Patch Set Provided)
- 6.0.2 - Maintenance Release (Incremental Patch Set Provided)
- 6.1.0 - New Minor Version (Minor Update with Database Changes) - Maintenance number reverts to zero
- 6.1.1 - Maintenance Release (Incremental Patch Set Provided)
Posted by WHMCS Robert on Friday, October 9th, 2015