We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the WHMCS Version 7.0 Release Candidate. This means General Release is just around the corner!
If you're a developer, user of custom add-ons or are simply interested in trying out the latest in new functionality, now's your chance to get involved.
As always, please remember pre-production releases are not intended for production use and should only be used for testing.
What's New in WHMCS 7.0?
WHMCS Auto Updater
- In WHMCS 7.0, updates are just a click away. A new update notification will let you know whenever an update is available, wherever you are in the admin area, and when clicked will take you to the all new Automatic Update interface that lets you update WHMCS without ever leaving the WHMCS admin interface.
- Highlight your best selling TLDs and extensions. Proven to increase sales and conversions, now you can select up to 8 of your top selling extensions for display at the top of a new domain lookup experience for customers. Sale groups also allow you to highlight extensions that are New, Hot and on Sale, giving them increased visibility and prominence.
Simple Product Configuration
- The new, simpler way to configure products. Supporting cPanel, DirectAdmin and Plesk, and open to module developers to begin implementing today, simple product configuration allows module developers to provide a simpler and more streamlined user experience for users configuring module parameters by offering a simple mode with support for dynamic fetching of values from a remote service. Now configuring a package is as simple as choosing the desired package name from a dropdown of choices.
Quick Start Setup Wizard
- For new users, there's a brand new wizard based experience the first time they login that makes getting up and running with WHMCS simpler, more intuitive, and quicker than ever before. Be ready to begin selling and making money in minutes with WHMCS 7.0.
PHP 7.0 Compatibility
- With PHP 5.6 and 7.0 compatibility, WHMCS 7.0 can be run on the latest versions of PHP to deliver maximum performance. As announced previously, WHMCS 7.0 will require PHP 5.6 as a minimum and we are working closely with some of our leading hosting partners to ensure that their systems are ready for WHMCS 7.0. In addition, we have been working closely with Ioncube during the testing and development of their PHP 7 beta loaders and earlier today
they published an update to the loaders that we have been advised should resolve all known issues.
Already Running the Beta?
If you've already been running the beta you can easily update to the release candidate with just the click of a button.
Simply go to Utilities > Update WHMCS and hit the Check for Updates
button to automatically update to the latest version.
Haven't tried Version 7.0 yet?
If you haven't tried Version 7 yet, you can obtain the download, access the discussion forums as well as report issues via the dedicated preview release microsite at preview.whmcs.com
Not only will you be able to try out the very latest release, but you'll also be in with a chance to win an Amazon Echo
If you run into any problems or questions, please get in touch with our support team
who will be more than happy to help.
Thanks for reading and happy testing!
Posted by Matt on Saturday, September 17th, 2016
Now's your second chance to try Automatic Updates with WHMCS as Beta 3 of WHMCS Version 7.0 is now available.
For users running Beta 1 or 2, simply navigate to Utilities > Update WHMCS
and hit the Check for Updates
button to begin.
If you haven't signed up for the beta yet and would like to get involved, visit http://preview.whmcs.com/
to get started today, it's not too late to join!
Install and provide your feedback on WHMCS Version 7.0 to be in with a chance of winning
one of 5 Amazon Fire TV Stick's we're giving away each week. Find out more
Posted by WHMCS Sean on Thursday, August 25th, 2016
Introducing WHMCS ImportAssist
WHMCS ImportAssist helps you migrate your data
With WHMCS ImportAssist, you can import your data from a range of web based billing applications as well as migrating data from one WHMCS installation to another, allowing you to combine multiple installations into one.
Through a simple wizard based process, WHMCS ImportAssist will guide you through the process of preparing for and migrating data to the WHMCS platform.
WHMCS ImportAssist is available only from the WHMCS Marketplace
Posted by Matt on Tuesday, August 23rd, 2016
An update to WHMCS's Nominet registrar module is available for download to accommodate for immediate service-level changes implemented by Nominet.
Nominet has implemented and requires the use of TLSv1.1 for communications with their EPP services. These services are required for all remote domain registration and management functionality on their platform. All communications to their services that do not connect with TLSv1.1 will be rejected. You can read more about this change at Nominet's EPP for .uk documentation
As a result, we are issueing an update to the Nominet module to accommodate this new requirement of the Nominet EPP service. This module is compatible with all versions of WHMCS 6.x. Once you deploy this updated module file, all Nominet functionality will be restored.
If you have any questions regarding the services provided by Nominet or their recent changes, please contact Nominet support at http://registrars.nominet.uk/contact
As always, if you have any questions about WHMCS our technical support team is available at www.whmcs.com/support
* This Hotfix is compatible with PHP 5.6 compiled with openssl (--with-openssl). Only PHP 5.6 provides the necessary functionality to utilize the TLSv1.1 protocol. This is a hard limitation of PHP and their socket implementation (and the binding made against openssl libraries). TLSv1.1 socket connections cannot be established by any other means commonly available to a web application.
Posted by Matt on Saturday, August 20th, 2016
WHMCS 7.0 improves the way you interact with, showcase and sell domains from your WHMCS installation. Using techniques that are proven to increase conversions, we've introduced the ability to feature extensions that we're calling Spotlight TLDs. We've also added domain sale groups that allow you to draw attention to key extensions, the ability for customers to upgrade to longer registration periods during checkout and a more refined domain lookup user experience. Which is all integrated into the hosting purchase flow and up to 50% quicker than the previous domain checker tool.
Put a spotlight on your domain offerings.
Spotlight TLDs allow you to highlight the extensions you want and put them front and center. Put the spotlight on up to eight extensions, to highlight your top selling extensions, new extensions or just special promotions. Extensions that have been marked as a spotlight appear at the top of the Domain Lookup results, driving visibility to new extensions which were previously hidden.
Increase visibility with sales groups.
We've also added sales groups. Sales Groups let you tag extensions in an eye-catching and attention grabbing way. Making selected extensions stand out to prospective clients enabling you to showcase what's hot & trending. With sales groups, you can run sales and promotions on your best selling extensions as well as increase visibility to some of the newer, less heard of extensions. Driving sales to these extensions, which typically have higher margins, can lead to increased revenue. This feature combined with domain spotlights will give you a competitive edge when selling domains.
For example if a customer was to search for the domain whmcsisawesome.com they would find that it is already taken and be given a list of suggestions. Your suggestions are based on the extensions you offer and pricing. If you offer new extensions such as .social or .host add them to your spotlight and decide to also run a sale on .social, when a search is preformed your clients will see .host and .social suggestions highlighted, emphasizing their availability. Additionally .social will be shown with a Sale tag, alerting the client you are running a sale. There are many ways to utilize the new Spotlight and Sale Group functionality in WHMCS 7. We encourage you to get creative and start selling.
Sell more domains faster.
We've added two new promo blocks to the domain UI, Web Hosting and Transfer Your Domain, both of which provide a link to the primary product category. With domain transfer we've simplified the process for end users, it is now easier than ever to transfer a domain using WHMCS. Transferring a domain will automatically extend the domain for a year, if applicable.
The new Domain Lookup features work natively with the standard WHOIS and eNom Namespinner. Domains are added to the cart for the minimum term by default, but features a drop down that allows customers to change the term. After a registration period has been chosen it can always be changed once in the cart.
This is designed to optimize your checkout flow while making the process of finding the perfect domain easier for the customer. By making the process of finding the perfect domain easier for the customer and providing additional visibility to new extensions we are helping you maximize conversions and increase sales.
the beta and upgrade to the latest version to test the new functionality out for yourself. By joining the beta team you'll be entered to win weekly prizes
from WHMCS. Find more information, interact with our team and provide feedback in our forums
Posted by WHMCS Robert on Thursday, August 11th, 2016