We are pleased to announce the release of WHMCS 7.0.1.
This is a maintenance release for the 7.0 series of WHMCS that includes bug fixes & other updates.
WHMCS v7 provides the WHMCS Update Utility which makes updates a breeze! Simply navigate to Utilities >> Update WHMCS to begin the process.
We are also providing both a full release and incremental patch set upgrade for manual updates. If you are running the immediate previous release 7.0.1, you can use the incremental patch set to upgrade.
Posted by WHMCS David on Friday, October 14th, 2016
Getting up and running using WHMCS has never been easier.
WHMCS Version 7.0 introduces a Setup Wizard, designed to get you from zero to business hero in minutes!
The first time you login, the new setup process will guide you through configuring key settings, allow you to activate a range of payment gateways, configure your domain selling preferences and setup your first web hosting server.
In just a few short steps, you'll be ready to begin selling web hosting. There's never been a better time to start a web hosting business.
So go on, give it a try. You will be up and running with the world's most popular web hosting automation platform in no time thanks to the new setup wizard.
Posted by WHMCS Sean on Monday, October 10th, 2016
Introducing WHMCS Version 7.0 - the last update you'll ever need to download!
Featuring our number one most highly requested feature
of all time, WHMCS 7.0 debuts the much anticipated Automatic Updater that makes it easy to update and ensure you're getting the best possible experience from the WHMCS product at all times.
WHMCS 7.0 also comes with full support for PHP 7 so now you can take advantage of the significant performance enhancements available in PHP 7 only with WHMCS 7.0!
It's here and it's available to download now, so what are you waiting for? Upgrade today
What else is new
- Now updates are just a click away. Learn more in our Q&A with Nate Custer from our Development Team
- Highlight your best selling TLDs and extensions to maximise conversions. Also includes sale groups that allow you to highlight extensions that are New, Hot and on Sale. Learn more in our Feature Spotlight...
PHP 7 Support
- PHP 7 has been hailed as the most important update to PHP since the release of PHP 5 in 2004 due to the significant performance improvements and dramatically reduced memory consumption it offers. Learn more about PHP 7
And much, much more...
Take a look at the release notes
for full details.
Thanks for reading! If you have any questions, please get in touch
Posted by Matt on Monday, October 3rd, 2016
TLDR; If you manage under 250 active clients in your WHMCS installation, nothing is changing.
To our valued customers,
At WHMCS, we are dedicated to providing our customers with the best web hosting automation platform on the market.
We don't take any change to our pricing model lightly, and we don't take our customers for granted. But we do want to continue improving WHMCS, investing in the product to make it more powerful and deliver a better experience to you.
As a result, we are introducing a tiered pricing structure that more accurately reflects the value users get from the product. The tiered pricing is modest and designed to reflect the business value of our product relative to your success. When you grow, WHMCS grows with you.
Here's how the WHMCS pricing model will look going forward:
- Up to 250 Clients $15.95/mo (Branded)
- Up to 250 Clients $18.95/mo (No Branding)
- Up to 1000 Clients $24.95/mo (No Branding)
- Over 1000 Clients $39.95/mo (No Branding)
In summary, if you manage under 250 active customers, your price is not
changing. If you manage between 251 and 1000 active customers, your price will increase to $24.95/mo. And if you manage 1001 or more active customers, your price will increase to $39.95/mo.
The new pricing will take effect for new subscriptions
from today, but for existing subscriptions
, nothing is changing today - we are giving existing customers
a 6 month grace period for their existing subscriptions
: new pricing will not take effect before April 2017. As a current WHMCS customer, we wanted to keep you informed about the change.
We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to deliver the most flexible and feature full solution for your business.
For more information about these changes, see our FAQ
An email is being sent to all users directly affected by this change.
Posted by Matt on Monday, October 3rd, 2016
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the WHMCS Version 7.0 Release Candidate. This means General Release is just around the corner!
If you're a developer, user of custom add-ons or are simply interested in trying out the latest in new functionality, now's your chance to get involved.
As always, please remember pre-production releases are not intended for production use and should only be used for testing.
What's New in WHMCS 7.0?
WHMCS Auto Updater
- In WHMCS 7.0, updates are just a click away. A new update notification will let you know whenever an update is available, wherever you are in the admin area, and when clicked will take you to the all new Automatic Update interface that lets you update WHMCS without ever leaving the WHMCS admin interface.
- Highlight your best selling TLDs and extensions. Proven to increase sales and conversions, now you can select up to 8 of your top selling extensions for display at the top of a new domain lookup experience for customers. Sale groups also allow you to highlight extensions that are New, Hot and on Sale, giving them increased visibility and prominence.
Simple Product Configuration
- The new, simpler way to configure products. Supporting cPanel, DirectAdmin and Plesk, and open to module developers to begin implementing today, simple product configuration allows module developers to provide a simpler and more streamlined user experience for users configuring module parameters by offering a simple mode with support for dynamic fetching of values from a remote service. Now configuring a package is as simple as choosing the desired package name from a dropdown of choices.
Quick Start Setup Wizard
- For new users, there's a brand new wizard based experience the first time they login that makes getting up and running with WHMCS simpler, more intuitive, and quicker than ever before. Be ready to begin selling and making money in minutes with WHMCS 7.0.
PHP 7.0 Compatibility
- With PHP 5.6 and 7.0 compatibility, WHMCS 7.0 can be run on the latest versions of PHP to deliver maximum performance. As announced previously, WHMCS 7.0 will require PHP 5.6 as a minimum and we are working closely with some of our leading hosting partners to ensure that their systems are ready for WHMCS 7.0. In addition, we have been working closely with Ioncube during the testing and development of their PHP 7 beta loaders and earlier today
they published an update to the loaders that we have been advised should resolve all known issues.
Already Running the Beta?
If you've already been running the beta you can easily update to the release candidate with just the click of a button.
Simply go to Utilities > Update WHMCS and hit the Check for Updates
button to automatically update to the latest version.
Haven't tried Version 7.0 yet?
If you haven't tried Version 7 yet, you can obtain the download, access the discussion forums as well as report issues via the dedicated preview release microsite at preview.whmcs.com
Not only will you be able to try out the very latest release, but you'll also be in with a chance to win an Amazon Echo
If you run into any problems or questions, please get in touch with our support team
who will be more than happy to help.
Thanks for reading and happy testing!
Posted by Matt on Saturday, September 17th, 2016