We are pleased to announce the release of WHMCS 8.5 to General Availability.
This marks the end of pre-production testing, and WHMCS 8.5 is now the recommended version for all new installations and updates.
WHMCS 8.5 features faster access to cPanel and Plesk hosting services, support for 2 and 3 Year SSL Certificate sales, new Cross-selling functionality for the shopping cart and more.
What's new in WHMCS 8.5
- Client Area Home Page SSO - Clients can now use single sign-on to access their active services such as cPanel and Plesk hosting accounts directly from the Client Area Home Page.
- Multi-Year SSL Orders with DigiCert - Offer two-year and three-year SSL certificates from RapidSSL, GeoTrust and DigiCert via MarketConnect with fully automatic reissuance and reinstallation throughout the order period.
- Shopping Cart Cross-selling - Setup additional product recommendations to be displayed when customers add a product to their cart or checkout.
- Metric Billing for Plesk - Bill for resource usage including things such as email addresses, disk space and bandwidth.
- cPanel SEO via MarketConnect - An SEO product offering that helps your customers websites rank more highly in search engines such as Google, creating more successful websites to maximise customer retention.
- Improved System Settings - Now with categories, sorting preferences and improved responsive behaviour.
For more information about all of the new features in WHMCS 8.5, visit the What's New in WHMCS 8.5 Microsite
Getting the UpdateAutomatic Update
You can update to the latest version of WHMCS using the Automatic Updater. Simply navigate to Utilities > Update WHMCS
to begin the update process.
As always, a download is also being made available for those who wish to install or upgrade manually. You can download WHMCS 8.5 from our downloads page
Thank you for continuing to support and use WHMCS and we hope you enjoy the latest version!
Liked this article? Share it