We are pleased to announce the release of WHMCS 8.1 to General Availability.
This marks the end of pre-production testing, and WHMCS 8.1 is now the recommended version for all new installations and updates.
WHMCS 8.1 introduces a New Client Area Theme "Twenty-One", Support for Child Themes, OAuth for POP3/IMAP, Google Analytics 4 Integration and Automated User Cleanup functionality.
What's new in WHMCS 8.1
- New Client Area Theme - Updated, improved, and built upon Bootstrap 4. Learn more
- Child Themes - The new and easier way to create custom themes. Learn more
- OAuth for POP3/IMAP - Ensuring compatibility for upcoming changes from email services. Learn more
- Google Analytics 4 - Ensuring full support and compatability with the new Google Analytics. Learn more
- Automated User Cleanup - Delete and manage users easily. Learn more
For more information about all of the new features in WHMCS 8.1, visit the What's New in WHMCS 8.1 Microsite
Getting the UpdateAutomatic Update
You can update to the latest version of WHMCS using the Automatic Updater. Simply navigate to Utilities > Update WHMCS
to begin the update process.
Important Note: WHMCS 8.0 and above require PHP 7.2 or later. You must be running PHP 7.2 or later in order for the Automatic Updater to show WHMCS 8.1 as available to install. If you are running PHP 7.1 or earlier, to update to WHMCS 8.1 via the Automatic Updater, you will first need to upgrade to PHP 7.2 or PHP 7.3, and then Check for Updates and perform the update.
As always, a download is also being made available for those who wish to install or upgrade manually. You can download WHMCS 8.1 from our downloads page
Thank you for continuing to support and use WHMCS and we hope you enjoy the latest version!
Liked this article? Share it