One of the many ways that WHMCS can help you save time and provide better customer service is with the Predefined Replies feature within the ticket desk.
With this feature, you can create and save replies to frequently asked questions you get asked with the ability to make it more personal with merge fields. When you receive this type of question, you reply as your normally would and select the template you need. You then have the option to add more information to the template or send it as is. Using Predefined Replies is a great way to tackle those issues that require a standard or simple response quickly and consistently.
Why should you be using Predefined Replies:
- Using saved replies to answer simple queries will help you save time so you can focus on solving tickets that may not be as straightforward.
- Creating answer templates to frequently asked questions can ensure error-free responses that are consistent and follow the same professional tone.
- Being able to add a snippet of pre-saved replies will allow you to respond to tickets faster and provide a better customer experience.
Here are just some scenarios in which predefined replies can be helpful:
- Sales questions such as plans and pricing inquiries
- Billing questions such as how to make payments, how to change credit card on file, how to cancel subscriptions
- Domain configuration queries such as how to transfer a domain, how to set nameservers and changing your account's primary domain name
- SSL Certificate and other security-related queries such as how to purchase SSL and how to install SSL certificates
- Control panel related questions such as how to manage FTP, how to set up back-ups, how to manage your database
- Affiliate or Reseller program inquiries such as how to join the program or how to withdraw earnings
The above are just some examples of where you can use predefined replies, there is no limit on how many replies you can create. Predefined replies are organised into categories, and fully searchable, making it easy to find the reply you need.
How to set up and use Predefined Replies in WHMCSCreating a Predefined Reply
To set up a predefined reply, go to Support > Predefined Replies.
You will need to configure categories and predefined replies in the same way as knowledgebase articles.
To make replies more personal, you can use the merge fields [FIRSTNAME] [NAME] and/or [EMAIL] anywhere within the message. Using a Predefined Ticket Reply
To use a predefined ticket reply when replying to a user ticket click the Insert Predefined Ticket Reply
button located immediately below the text area for entering your reply. A window will appear allowing you to select the reply you want to use and it will then be loaded into the reply message box once selected. The search field can also be used to find replies by title to save you from having to search through each category. You then have the option to edit the template to make the message more personal.
Finally, once the reply has been composed, click the Add Response
button to record the reply against the ticket. The client will be sent a notification email containing a copy of the message.
To not lose the personal connection with your customer, be sure to use the merge fields and make it more personal by adding a custom message - the key is finding a balance between template and free text.
This feature is just one of the many ways WHMCS can help you save time and provide a better customer experience. Make handling frequently asked queries easier, faster and more consistent with Predefined Replies. If you have any questions or comments please share below.
Liked this article? Share it