In WHMCS 7.7 we've introduced support for CodeGuard Website Backup.
With CodeGuard, you can offer your customers an independent off-site backup solution for their websites. With automated daily backups, using CodeGuard means deleted files are now recoverable, overwritten files are now obtainable, and if a site is hacked, the malware is easily removable. All on-demand for your customers without needing to contact you for help.
CodeGuard's Website Backup service provides protection against corruption, data loss, hackers and malware, as well as common everyday mistakes where files are deleted or overwritten.
With CodeGuard, customers get access to an independent off-site backup, stored independently from their web hoting company that ensures they always have a copy of their website even in the event of disaster. All without anything to install.
CodeGuard features include:
- Nothing to Install - backups are taken via Secure FTP
- Self Service Control Panel - Enabling users to view and manage their website backups themselves
- One-click Restores - Users can initiate automatic restores of either a single file or their entire website on-demand. Manual restores can also be performed via a zip file download option.
- Incremental backups - After the initial backup is performed, future backups are done incrementally to minimise disk space usage and costs for customers.
- MySQL Database Backups - CodeGuard automatically detects databases for popular CMS systems and attempts to automatically connect and take backups. For any other databases, backups can be configured manually by providing connection credentials and information.
- File Change Monitoring - CodeGuard monitors websites being backed up for changes daily and proactively alerts users by email to any additions, deletions or changes to help users identify unauthorised or unintentional changes earlier.
- Independent Offsite Backup - With CodeGuard, your customers get a fully independent backup for added peace of mind.
- Secure Backups - Backups are stored in the highly durable Amazon S3 Service with server side encryption as standard.
That's not all. CodeGurd also makes backing up and managing WordPress websites easier.
WordPress is the most commonly used Content Management Software on the internet, with over 55% of websites reported to be running it. But when you couple WordPress with a custom theme, and custom plugins, updating it can become a daunting process.
That's where CodeGuard comes in. With CodeGuard, CodeGuard will automatically check for updates as part of the daily backup process. When CodeGuard detects an update is available for either the core WordPress system or any of the plugins and themes available via the WordPress catalog, it will automatically apply the updates.
And through a combination of checks both before and after the upgrade is performed, CodeGuard will identify issues with the upgrade and automatically rollback the site if any issues are found.
There's also a WordPress plugin that allows users to configure and manage their backups directly from their WordPress dashboard. Pretty neat huh? Plus, there are no extra costs for this service.
CodeGuard has a simple pricing structure based on disk space allocated for backups. Users can also upgrade to increase their available disk space at any time.
Recommended retail pricing starts from just $2.99/mo for 1GB of storage.
Even if you already have an existing backup strategy in place, CodeGuard can still be a great addition to your product line-up. With CodeGuard, your users can recover files themselves, on-demand, which means faster resolution for customers and less support for you.
To start offering CodeGuard to your customers, simply upgrade to WHMCS 7.7 and navigate to Setup > Apps and Integrations
and search for CodeGuard
to activate it.
If you have any questions, we invite you to ask them in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading!
Liked this article? Share it