By David / July 17th, 2018
Four potential security issues have been identified in WHMCS 7.5 and earlier. It is recommended that you apply this patch as soon as possible.
The issues resolved include:
- Project permissions within the Project Management addon
- Potential XSS on admin homepage
- Improper client password reset logic
- Improper admin access to remote servers via WHMCS Connect
You can apply this patch using the Automatic Updater. The Auto-Updater allows you to apply the patch to your current version, or update to the latest available version (7.5.2) of WHMCS. Learn more
Alternatively, you can download the patch for your version at https://download.whmcs.com/#patch. To install the patch:
1) Download the appropriate files for your version of WHMCS
2) Upload all files found within the zip file to the root WHMCS directory overwriting any existing files
If you are using WHMCS 7.2 or earlier, you should upgrade to WHMCS 7.5.2.
Respective Release Notes: